Saturday, April 22, 2006

My top 5 remedies for a calm mind.

1) Taking a long shower late at night without switching on the water heater. Yes, the feel of cold water against your body will ease those pent-up nerves.

2) Sleep. Yes. Even if that means sleeping during that oh-so-important Econs lecture. But sleeping after an arguement is the best. It saves you from saying all the wrong things in the fit of anger. But how can one sleep when feeling so agitated you may ask? Simple. You scream n cry your bloody emotions out into a pillow (yes, you read that right) and you'll be too tired and numb after that not to fall asleep. Haaah.

3) Read a book at somewhere peaceful. Preferably somewhere with sunlight flowing in from a window that it creates a soft golden glow on the entire room. Like my beautiful living room at 4.30pm and not messy congested bedroom. Read: good feng shui. Hurhur. When I said peaceful, I meant devoid of any form of teachnology that could distract you. Like that precious handphone and iPod.

4) Run. Just keep on running around that track. Tired? Stupid fool. Its better to be tired physically than be mentally burdened.

5) You pray. Pray your heart out. I may not be a highly religious person, but I believe in the tranquility that comes with prayers.

That said, I realised none of the things mentioned has any relation with doing it with a friend. Alone time works best. Tried and tested. Spend time with a friend? Sure. But after the bonding session you'll realise you're back to the muddled-head you. Unless you're the type that will grab a knife and slit your wrist upon thinking of all your problems of course. Than by all means always have company.

But hmmm. I really don't mind sharing my no. 1 with a certain someone.. Ho ho!